Winton Day Tour
Get ready for a day rich in Australian culture and heritage. Your Savannah Guide is an expert in interpreting our historic region's stories. As we travel through dramatic and changing landscapes to Winton, passing huge Outback stations, keep an eye out for emus, eagles and kangaroos.
Enjoy a guided tour of the Qantilda Museum (part of the original Waltzing Matilda Centre), visit the Musical Fence, Arnos Wall and the Truck Museum on a town tour of Winton.
High up on a mesa overlooking endless Outback plains, we're given an entertaining interpretive tour of the Australian Age of Dinosaurs - home to the world's largest collection of Australian dinosaur fossils. The state-of-the-art Collection Room and 3D Theatre brings to life dinosaurs Banjo and Matilda with amazing animated recreations.
- Savannah Guide Master Operator/Driver
- Travel in air-conditioned luxury coach
- Winton orientation tour
- Guided tour of the Qantilda Precinct (part of Waltzing Matilda Centre)
- Delicious morning tea & lunch
- Entry and tour of Australian Age of Dinosaurs
- Courtesy pick-up/drop-off transfers from Longreach accommodatiion
Departures: Departs Longreach most Tuesdays (Subject to availability)
Start Time/End Time: 6.45am to 4.00pm (approximately)
Cost: Adult $199 | Concession $195 | Child $99 (4 -14yrs) | Family $559 (2A2C)