Thank you to all of our past, present and future guests for your support and confidence over this challenging COVID-19 event. Outback Aussie Tours has a long and proud history in delivering outstanding guided tours throughout Outback Queensland. Over 30+ years, we have grown from humble beginnings operating local Longreach day tours to what is now a multi destination extended touring business. We remain family-owned and operated from our Longreach base and wear the title of Outback Queensland tourism pioneers with pride. Guests of Outback Aussie Tours leave us with a shared passion for our region. This has much to do with our Savannah Guide Operator principles, local connections and truly authentic experiences.
Our promise to existing and future travelling guests:
- Our Client Fund Protection ensures peace-of-mind for our existing and future travelling guests. This means that the money you pay to us for your travel arrangements is kept secure in a separate bank account. Funds from this account are only used for payments related to your holiday booking arrangements.
- As an additional protection we have introduced our Deposit Transfer Waiver for all new bookings. We recognise that travel plans may change, especially during these unprecedented times. If prior to final payment your plans change, you can transfer your deposit to another date without penalty.
- Outback Aussie Tours has long established relationships with leading tourism organisations and professional networks to include:
- Tourism Australia – Annual attendance and representation at the Australian Tourism Exchange for International Buyers
- Tourism Queensland – Recognised as a Best of Queensland Experience for the last three years. OAT owner Alan Smith is a past Board Member.
- Outback Queensland Tourism Association – Foundation Member. OAT owner Alan Smith is a Past Vice-President and Board Member.
- Queensland Tourism Industry Council – Quality Tourism Accredited Business
- Savannah Guides Limited: Australia’s leading tour guide professional development organisation – OAT owner Alan Smith has been a Past President and Board Member. OAT has been an active member for the last 23 years ensuring all drivers attend Savannah Guides School every 2 years.
- Eco Certified Nature Tourism Accreditation: Your assurance that our touring experiences are backed by a strong, well managed commitment to sustainable practices and provides high quality nature-based tourism experiences.
- Longreach Enterprise – A not for profit group formed to promote and advance trade, commerce and industry in the Longreach region – Board Member
- Qld Government Department of Transport – Current Operator Accreditation
- Long established as a leading Outback Queensland Tour Operator, Outback Aussie Tours has strong relationships with the Travel Trade and local outback suppliers. We are frequently selected as the operator of choice by agents and clients given our in-depth local knowledge and authentic holiday experiences. We specialise in delivering exceptional Outback Queensland touring experiences; that’s all we do and we love it.